Introduction to my Babblings

Every once in a while I have my coffee in the morning and miss the discussions that I used to have with friends over morning coffee. So, I thought I may bring my side of the conversation here anyway. I am going to call it Coffee Bean Babblings and it will be a regular feature whenever I have something on my mind to babble about.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Yes, I Had to go There

Everyone everywhere is talking about the death of Bin Ladin. Some are cheering, celebrating and congratulating our troops and our country for a job well done. We did it and got rid of the bad guy. Many are putting his name right next to Hitler's and discussing the similarities. Personally, I think that is giving him to much credit. He was not even near Hitler's league of bad guy in my eyes and I hope that he does not gain the same notoriety that Hitler did. If he does then he will have what he wanted.

He wanted his cause and his hatred to live on. If we continue to put him in the same discussions as Hitler and build it up as a milestone for the USA then this man will be immortalized in our history books and in our country forever. He doesn't deserve to be remembered and discussed forever, what he deserves is to be forgotten as a sad hateful old man who started things he could not finish and then ran to hide from us.

There was never any doubt in our American minds that we would find him and serve him the justice that he so deserved. After all we are America we are the best with military and intelligence, it was only a matter of time. Many hoped that we would find him before he died of old age or natural causes to serve that meal best served cold, revenge. We did.

My hopes and prayers are that we quickly resume our lives and not allow him more time in our thoughts and minds than he deserves, this man who would talk so brave and then run and hide like a coward at the first sign of trouble. In America, we always follow through and stand up for ourselves and our friends even when it is tough, even when it hurts. We never turn and run like cowards. America is brave, full of a society that believes that life can always be better if we are brave enough to stand up and make it better.

Okay, there are my thoughts on the whole thing. My coffee cup is empty so I must step down from my soap box and go fill it up. Have a great day and please leave me a comment, tell what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment