Introduction to my Babblings

Every once in a while I have my coffee in the morning and miss the discussions that I used to have with friends over morning coffee. So, I thought I may bring my side of the conversation here anyway. I am going to call it Coffee Bean Babblings and it will be a regular feature whenever I have something on my mind to babble about.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Top Five Annoying Words List

I am always reading about how great it is to make numbered lists for magazine articles and Dave has his top ten list every night. Every time I open a magazine I read a list for something 5 reasons you should walk your dog that kind of thing. So here is my first stab at a list.

My Top Five Annoying Words List

1. CAN'T - "Mom I can't find it." Mom I can't do it, I need you to do it."

Really what they are saying is I'm to lazy to look I want you to tell me where it is and I don't want to try to do it for myself I want you to do it for me.

2. GONE - "It's just gone I can't find it anywhere."

Inanimate objects do not get up and walk away. Nothing is just gone. What they mean is I don't want to look for it and mom will find it for me.

3. HOMEWORK - "I have so much homework can I swim first?"

They have homework, I have homework, my husband comes home from work and does homework all night for his classes. Do you even wonder why I dislike the word homework?

4. TOUCH/ED/ING - "Her foot is touching me." "She touched me first."

This is when I groan roll my eyes to keep from having a melt down and send them to their room because it was all well and find to be touching each other five minutes ago when they were rolling on the floor tickling each other but suddenly now it isn't and I'm supposed to mediate. I don't think so.

5. NOTHING - "I'm bored, there's nothing to do." "I'm hungry, there's nothing good to eat."

Which is code for Mom I want attention especially if your in the middle of something and Mom I want you to come find me something and make it so I don't have to do it myself. Really, there is never nothing to do or good to eat. I seem to always be able to handle it, why can't they?


So, there it is my top five most annoying words and why I feel that way about them. Hopefully you can relate or at the very least they made you laugh. If your a mom how many times have you heard those words? How do you feel about them? Leave me a comment and let me know.

Have a great day, gotta go refill my coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Moooooom, I can't find my homework, it's gone and there is nothing to do!

    There, I combined four of the five into a single sentence ;)

    ReplyDelete