Introduction to my Babblings

Every once in a while I have my coffee in the morning and miss the discussions that I used to have with friends over morning coffee. So, I thought I may bring my side of the conversation here anyway. I am going to call it Coffee Bean Babblings and it will be a regular feature whenever I have something on my mind to babble about.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Unbelievable ads for Freelance Writers

It is just sad that there are people out there that want to pay less than a penny a word for my writing abilities. I think a penny a word is ridiculous but, less than a penny a word for well written copy that goes by their guidelines is obscene.

Seriously there are all the sites on the net that advertise or promote themselves as helping free-lance writers when all they want is writing slaves willing to work for the masters crumbs!

Sure there are people that are willing to do it, but I can make more for my crafts and spend less time and energy making them. How many other people have found these ridiculous advertisements on the internet?

Here are a couple links that annoyed me recently.

from Freelancer.com

ODesk

Have you experienced these types of ads? Please share a few and your opinion in the comments

No comments:

Post a Comment