Introduction to my Babblings

Every once in a while I have my coffee in the morning and miss the discussions that I used to have with friends over morning coffee. So, I thought I may bring my side of the conversation here anyway. I am going to call it Coffee Bean Babblings and it will be a regular feature whenever I have something on my mind to babble about.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Royal Wedding

This morning I woke up and decided to go ahead and find the royal wedding that everyone was talking about. Yes, I found it streaming live on Wedding Central. I happened to tune in just as they were about to say the vows. Boy does that take me back. I'll save our wedding story for another story all its own.

It really got me to thinking about why was I so curious to see this wedding. I usually avoid going to weddings, mostly because they are long and dull and I have to dress up. But this is one that I could kick back in my PJs and put my feet up while drinking my morning coffee and attend. Now, that is a wedding I don't mind. Even better, I can multi-task durning the wedding and do homework, blog, clean the kitchen it doesn't matter because I'm at home.

This got me thinking. With the power of live internet why don't we broadcast all weddings live online for relatives that can't be there. Many people probably put their weddings on YouTube or some other similar site for relatives to watch already. What a fabulous thing though for those who are nearly hermits such as myself and for the most part enjoy their solitary lifestyle. The internet provides so many ways to keep from going out.

Okay that was my babbling for this morning. If you took a moment to read could you please take just one more and leave a short comment. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment