Introduction to my Babblings

Every once in a while I have my coffee in the morning and miss the discussions that I used to have with friends over morning coffee. So, I thought I may bring my side of the conversation here anyway. I am going to call it Coffee Bean Babblings and it will be a regular feature whenever I have something on my mind to babble about.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A call for help to finish my degree at SVSU

I honestly would not of thought to do this myself. I had cried my tears, said goodbye to my dreams of graduating from SVSU and was ready to move on. I posted this on facebook to my friends and there was an overwhelming response from my Professors and peers not to give up but to let them help me in my endeavors.

I am writing this post today to say thank you to them and to make it as easy as I can for anyone who wants to help monetarily to do so.


Below you will find a Donate button that will allow you to give whatever you would like toward the 800+ dollars that it will take for me to enroll is one of my last three classes this semester. I need to take the English class Language in Society which is only offered in the Fall and then will take my last two classes in the winter semester if I can't get into them this Fall. Those are a final business class and a final Political Science or Sociology class.


I am not a charity through the government, this will not be tax deductible, this page has been created because of and for the love of my friends, colleagues and Professors at SVSU who do not want me to let go yet.



Thank you.







As of Saturday, August 11, 2012 we have collected $200.00 toward the $800+ that is needed.


Update Thursday August 16, 2012 we have collected $350.00 toward my last three classes Thank you to those who have donated and shared this post, words are all I have to express my gratitude and they fall dreadfully short in the task.


I took Justin to his freshman orientation yesterday (8-15-2012)at SVSU and spent the day running back and forth between RPW and Academic Advising. It looks like the plan is going to be for me to push back my graduation one semester and graduate after Winter semester, enroll in Instruction Writing with fabulous Dr. Herzog (thank you Dr. Herzog and Dr. Dallas) take my other two classes and be done. This will also give me more time to save and keep collecting whatever donations toward the cost of tuition for the last three classes. Together they cost over $1600 dollars. Armed with all the knowledge of how things work from finding it out the hard way the last few months I will be able to take advantage of the payment plan for winter semester because I know now that I have to sign up for it as soon as I register for the semester during the fall semester.

I will be able to graduate and who knows maybe between now and then I'll be able to find a job. :-) Thank you Dr. Jorgensen for not letting me give up on my dreams and to all my SVSU family for your love and support.

I am still asking for any donations of any amount you feel comfortable with to help out since I will not be eligible for financial aid but I will now also have time to sign up for scholarships. I'll keep you posted as to what is going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment