Introduction to my Babblings

Every once in a while I have my coffee in the morning and miss the discussions that I used to have with friends over morning coffee. So, I thought I may bring my side of the conversation here anyway. I am going to call it Coffee Bean Babblings and it will be a regular feature whenever I have something on my mind to babble about.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New Cigarette Warnings

all images were taken from the FDA site 

I just read in the on my local news website about "FDA Reveals Graphic Warnings For Cigarettes".
Of course my next step was to go to the source, check out the FDA site.

I guess they think that if you make bigger warnings on highly addictive, medically proven cancer sticks that people will want to quit.

YEAH and I have a chunk of ocean front property in Kansas I'd like to discuss selling to the FDA too.

all images were taken from the FDA site 


REALLY, bigger warnings are not going to matter, quitting campaigns and free quitting help from the Government aren't saving lives either.

What needs to be done and what has to be done to save lives and end all this nonsense is to
MAKE CIGARETTES ILLEGAL. 


We all know that the only reason they haven't been made illegal is because the tobacco industry is well involved in the government and the government makes big bucks from the cigarette taxes collected from these poor addicted individuals who are killing themselves and those they love.

I smoked when I was young and rebellious. I quit several times but continued smoking on and off up until I had my fourth child and I'll be the first to admit, I was an idiot. Remember it is highly addictive and I grew up in a smoking environment, it was natural for me to want to try it. Honestly I still enjoy smelling the smoke of cigars and pipes when it wafts by me. So call me hypocritical, I don't care.

Smoking cigarettes is bad and kills. The FDA doesn't need to force bigger more graphic warnings they need to outlaw a dangerous drug. If your addicted to cigarettes you don't care how big the warning is just that your next fix is inside that box.


all images were taken from the FDA site 

My (highly addictive caffeine filled) coffee cup is empty, so I guess my Coffee Bean Babblings are finished for this morning. I'll climb down off my soap box and say that these are purely my opinions as always and if I hurt anyone's feelings I'm sorry that is not what I mean to do.

If your a smoker and need help quitting please visit smokefree.gov


So, if you agree, leave me a comment. If you disagree, leave me a comment too. 
Let me know, what do you think, are the new warnings going to help? 

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I have no idea how they are actually still legal. I mean come one...they're the ultimate gateway drug!

    New follower from the Planet Weidknecht blog hop :).

    http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of warnings they already have on packs in Europe only a little more graphic - they tell you what's gonna happen point blank, not "may cause symptoms" like we have now.

    ReplyDelete