Introduction to my Babblings

Every once in a while I have my coffee in the morning and miss the discussions that I used to have with friends over morning coffee. So, I thought I may bring my side of the conversation here anyway. I am going to call it Coffee Bean Babblings and it will be a regular feature whenever I have something on my mind to babble about.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

As I sit here sipping my coffee, I'm trying to type quietly since my dh is still sleeping about five feet away. It is Father's Day and we will be celebrating by being nicer than usual to my husband, somehow. LOL

For me it is also a day of remembering because my father passed away unexpectedly when I was 19. It was quite a shock. I wrote about it in my Simple Family Stories blog where I write about the moments from my life since meeting my husband.

Today I thought it would be appropriate to share some of my favorite memories of my dad.

The last conversation we ever had in person was when I told him that I was going to Michigan with my friend. He said that he loved me and didn't want me to go, but that he knew I was an adult and could handle myself. He told me that I could call if I needed anything and gave me a hug and a kiss. Then off I went on the adventure that would start the rest of my life.

Going to the beach in Florida and swimming together with him and his girlfriend and her family. I remember he would always throw us. He would put his hands together and let us put our foot in and then he'd throw us into the air. We loved being thrown over and over again.

Waking up in the night to find him sitting in his chair watching Star Trek and curling up with him in that chair feeling safe and protected.

Going fishing or flying kites together when I was young were great memories.

So, dads make some memories with your children.
Enjoy them love them and respect them and they in turn will love and respect you too. I was never an easy child I've always been stubborn and wanted my own way but those same traits that make difficult children, also make strong, self-assured adults.

Have a Happy Father's Day and enjoy those that you have remember those that are gone.


Please leave a comment share your favorite father's day memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment